The best wood pellets extensive research is aimed at making it clear on the best wood pellets you need. This is for effective grill operation. The guide explores the cons and pros of softwood as well as hardwood pellets. It reviews top ten wood pellets brands to make it easy in your decision making.
- 1 Problems People Face When Trying To Buy Wood Pellets
- 2 Best Wood Pellets Review
- 3 2. Which one is better for you?
- 4 3. Room heating wood pellets & BBQ wood pellets?
- 5 3. Pros of Hardwood/Softwood pellets
- 6 4. Cons of Hardwood/Softwood pellets
- 7 Top ten best wood pellets review
- 8 4. Traeger PEL313 Apple Barbecue Pellets, 20-Pound
- 9 Pros of traeger wood pellets
- 10 6. Lumber Jack 100 Percent Apple BBQ Grilling Pellets 40 LB Bag
- 11 10. 1 X BBQ’rs Delight Jack Daniels Wood Pellets 1lb Bag
- 12 Ultimate Wood Pellets Buying Guide
- 13 The editor’s choice of wood pellets
Problems People Face When Trying To Buy Wood Pellets
There are two major types of wood pellets. You can decide to go for softwood pellets or hardwood pellets. Hardwood is naturally denser than softwood when harvesting from the forest. But, the matter of density between the two ceases during processing. The process of wood pellet making compresses the raw materials till they achieve high density. This means the density of softwood pellets will be the same as the density of hardwood pellets. This is a point which disturbs many when trying to make a decision. The cost of the pellets varies. Hardwood tends to cost more. It costs more not necessarily because it is superior, but hardwood is a scarce material when comparing to softwood.
Best Wood Pellets Review
1. Hardwood pellets VS Softwood Pellets, what is the difference/Fact.
Hardwood pellets are branded as premium hence more expensive when comparing to the same amount of softwood pellets. If you will like to save money, then going for softwood pellets will do you a great favor.
Softwood pellets tend to produce more heat when comparing to the same amount of hardwood pellets. This is because after the processing the particles are packed closely just like hardwood pellets.
Softwood has low ash production but more heat. If you will like to limit the amount of ash, then going for softwood will be the right decision.
There is a specific flavor you will like to achieve on your food. The pellets available will have different flavors. Always check on the flavors before you buy.
2. Which one is better for you?
When it comes to the suitability of wood pellets, it will depend on your specific uses. Different people will have varying reasons. If you will like to achieve a certain flavor in your BBQ, then you will have to look for a specific wood pellet irrespective of its nature. If your main concern is to achieve more heat and limit ash, then softwood will do well. You need to have a clear goal you will like to achieve so that you will decide on the best wood pellets.
3. Room heating wood pellets & BBQ wood pellets?
Room heating wood pellets serve to warm up a room. They are different from BBQ pellets which chefs use to cook food. The BBQ pellets will tend to have different flavors. The flavors add to the flavor of food. When buying wood pellets, you should specify the type you will like to have. You will find the pellets clearly indicating their uses.
3. Pros of Hardwood/Softwood pellets
Both hardwood and soft wood pellets have their advantages. Some of the advantages you will enjoy after buying wood pellets include the following:
Neutral carbon emission
Unlike other types of fuels which tend to produce more carbon. The wood pellets produce small amounts of carbon. Trees consume carbon while releasing oxygen as by products. The carbon consumption in the lifetime of the tree is equivalent to the release.
Unlike wood stoves which will require regular addition of firewood, the pellets additions are automatic to the burning chamber. This is due to great design of pellet burning stoves.
Less ash production
Too much ash in your home can be hectic. You will reduce the amount of ash production drastically after you switch to wood pellet burning stoves.
When comparing to the cost of electricity and other forms of energy, the wood burning pellet stoves will save you a lot of money at the long run. The heat production is impressive for any need; it serves well in BBQs as well as heating rooms.
4. Cons of Hardwood/Softwood pellets
There are drawbacks of hardwood and softwood pellets as well. You need to check them before you make your final decision. Some of the drawbacks include the following:
They burn using pellet burning stoves which require electricity in their operation
Unlike wood burning stoves, the pellets stoves will require use of electricity for the automation parts to run. For instance, the pellet burning stove will require electricity for it to automatically move pellets to the burning chamber. The thermostats on the stove require use of electricity is well.
The pellets burn to ashes. The ash requires removing. This is unlike electricity home heaters which will not stress you when it comes to handling dirty ash.
Top ten best wood pellets review
1. CookinPellets 40PM Perfect Mix Smoking Pellets 4.6
Cookinpellets scores 4.6 out of 5 ratings in customer reviews. It is among top wood pellets you can try. You can request a warranty if you doubt its efficiency. It has been made by a company which aims to assure users great value for their money. It is a wood pellet made from top 4 hardwoods. This makes it among the best choice for those looking for hardwood pellets. There are no oak or fillers whatsoever.
The company has been in production of the pellets for a long period of time. The company makes customers happy.
Pros of cookinpellets
- Only hardwood use
- There is no contradiction. The company specifically uses hardwoods. This ensures the buyers get exactly what they buy. The hardwood is of the highest quality.
- It is only hardwood, this may not be the perfect choice for people looking for softwood pellets.
2. CookinPellets 40H Hickory Smoking Pellets
The pellet scores 4.5 out of 5 stars in the customer’s ratings. There are no fillers or softwood addition. The wood pellets are made out of 100% pure hardwood trees. This makes them among top premium brands of wood pellets you can go for. There are no additions such as alder or oak which can compromise the quality of hardwood. They are made out of pure hardwood trees. The company uses the state of the art facility to eliminate dust and moisture in their production process.
Pros of hickory smoking pellets
- High BTU which averages 8500
- Pure hardwood brand , 4 in total to assure users great value for their money
- Manufacturer’s warranty
- The wood pellets are suitable for those who will like to have hardwood in their grills.
3. Smokehouse Products 9770-020-0000 5-Pound Bag All Natural Apple Flavored Wood Pellets, Bulk 4.6
Smokehousee wood pellets score 4.6 out of 5 stars in costumer reviews. Most of the customers who use the products are highly satisfied about them. You too will highly appreciate after you try them. They are made to assure you great value for your money. If you are looking for apple pellets, then this is the right pick for you. The wood pellets are made out of Pacific Northwest and Washington state apple woods. The apple smell adds great flavor to BBQ meats as well as smoking meat.
If you love BBQ poultry, Cheese, fish or pork, they will add great flavor. The pellets are all natural. You will not risk artificial flavors of chemicals in your meat after you stick to the wood pellets.
The wood making the pellets selection is of high quality after which drying up to 1300 degrees. This eliminates all bacteria, mold and bugs which can interfere with the quality of the final product. The next process after drying includes compressing the wood with an aim of preserving purity and flavors.
Pros of smokehouse wood pellets
- Use on different BBQs and grills
- Use on electric grills, charcoal, natural gas grills or even smokers.
- All natural products
- They are made out of all natural northwest alder without any additives. There are no oils or other ingredients.
- The company compact the pellets tightly for them to assure users great smoking power. They perform better than many brands in the market.
Drawback of the pellets
They are suitable for those who will like to have softwood pellets. This is because the material is all softwood.
4. Traeger PEL313 Apple Barbecue Pellets, 20-Pound
The ratings from customers who use the pellets have rate them 4.6 out of 5. This is due to great value they were able to achieve out of the pellets. The wood pellets are made out of 100% hardwood. There are no fillers or additives which can compromise the quality of the final product. You cannot compare the flavor creation by the wood pellets to any other regular charcoal in the market. The design of the pellets produces very little ash. This makes them very convenient for those who will like to limit ash. They are safe for the environment and burn clean. They are made out of apple which is 100% hardwood.
Pros of traeger wood pellets
- Made from 100% apple
- This makes them among the best you can have on your BBQ. They will make your food achieve great flavor. The taste of food you will achieve through use of regular charcoal is inferior when comparing to the wood pellets.
- No fillers or additives
- Additives and fillers will tend to lower the quality of hardwood pellets. That is not the case with the pellets. The manufacturers took time to source natural and 100% pure materials. This assures users great value for their money.
- Little ash
- Most hardwood pellets produce huge amounts of ash that is not the case with the wood pellets. They produce less ash but assure customers great value for their money in terms of heat production.
- Clean burning
This assures users safe environment due to less emissions.
5. MoJack 47202 Myron Mixon 20# Hickory Wood Grilling/Smoking/BBQ Cooking Pellets
With 4.6 ratings out of 5 among customers of the wood pellets, you will be making the right decision after you decide to buy this type of wood pellets. They are made to serve many purposes in your home. You can use them on your grill or smoking purposes. They are made out of all natural hardwood. There is no binding or additives use whatsoever.
Pros of Mojach wood pellets
- All natural hardwood
- For those looking for hardwood pellets, this are among top choices they can go for. The pellets have been made to assure users great value for their money. No binding. This ensures they achieve the natural flavor which most customers will like to have on their BBQs.
- Wide variety of sues
- You can use to bake, grill or smoke. This is due to the great design. They produce high amount of heat.
6. Lumber Jack 100 Percent Apple BBQ Grilling Pellets 40 LB Bag
Among the tips you need to take into consideration so that you will buy the best wood pellets include best wood pellets reviews. From reviews which other customers offer, the wood pellets achieve 4.8 out of 5 stars. This indicates the great experience they had when using the wood pellets. Lumber Jack is a company using natural products in their operation. They use real wood to manufacture the wood pellets.
The hardwood pellets made by the company are compact and of great design. They burn to produce fine ash. The use of food grade BBQ pellets include preparation of smoked or BBQ foods. They make it easy for those who will like to use wood pellet stoves in their operations.
7. AMERICAN WOOD FIBERS BEDDING PELLETS PinePellet Bedding, 40 lb
Customers rate the wood pellets 4.6 out of the possible 5 stars. This shows how they are highly satisfied with the final product. The wood pellets have been made to assure users hassle free as well as long lasting solutions when it comes to burning wood pellets in their homes. They are available in 40 pound bags. There are many people using the pellets achieve great success in their cooking. They are made out of high quality wood.
Benefits of using American wood fibers pellets
- Supper absorbent
- When preparing food you will not have to worry about the melting of fats from the meat. The wood pellets are made to be of high absorbing capability. This assures you comfortable session when preparing food.
8. Bear Paw Products Premium Oak-Pecan-Apple Blend Smoker Pellets 1.5 Lb. Bag. Easy to Use
The wood pellets score 4.7 out of 5 in the customer ratings. Most chefs in the world prefer the wood pellets. This is due to the great flavor they achieve out of the pellets. If you will like to prepare quality food which you can compare with the one the best food outlets offer, you need to buy the wood pellets and use them. You will see a clear difference between the quality of food and the one you may have been using. The BBQ will allow you add flavoring smoke to your favorite dish. The manufacturers know what it takes for you to prepare the best BBQ at your backyard. This is why they manufacture the BBQ pellets for you.
Benefits of Bear PAW wood pellets
- They are made out of 100% hardwood trees
- This makes them among high quality wood pellets available in the market.
- Wide variety of sues
- You can use the wood pellets in different types of outdoor grills or smokers. You will not have to buy different products for you to achieve great success in your smoker or grill, just order the product and it will meet all your wood pellets needs.
- Made in USA
- The wood pellets from bear paw are made in USA using high quality USA raw materials and techniques. You will have made a great decision after you decide to go for this type of wood pellet.
9. Blend Pellets, 40-Pound
They score 4.3 out of 5 stars. This is according to ratings which different customers are offering. The wood pellets burn hotter and cleaner comparing to most brands. They have great flavor hence great tasting. Blend pellets have been made to assure users great ease when preparing food. There are no artificial flavors in making the wood pellets. They are made out of all natural hardwood. The company does not use any spray, chemical, glue or any other artificial additives in the wood pellets.
Once you try the high quality pellets, you will never go back to charcoal or other types of pellets. The pellets have been made to achieve the highest standards. They are made from raw materials in the United States of America.
The competition blend utilizes pellets from top brands. You will enjoy the great taste of maple, cherry and hickory wood pellets. The blend achieves great flavor for your food or grilling meat.
Raw wood from in America
The raw wood in the pellet is sourced through North America where it is blended to make the best wood pellets.
10. 1 X BBQ’rs Delight Jack Daniels Wood Pellets 1lb Bag
The wood pellets scores 4.4 out of 5 stars. This is according to customers who use it. This is a top selling wood pellet brand. It is made from Jack Daniels wood which makes them come up with great whisky for liquor lovers. Many food outlets use the pellets. They have made great impacts in the careers of different chefs. You too will be among highly satisfied chefs or food enthusiasts after you try the wood pellets.
Highlights of the pellets
Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey Flavoring pellets
If you have ever tasted the great flavor of Jack Daniels whiskey, then you probably know the quality of wood pellets we are talking about. The pellets have been made to assure users great flavor when preparing food.
Works on any type of grill
The pellets come with instructions on how to apply them on different grills. You will achieve great peace of mind when working on different types of food.
Ultimate Wood Pellets Buying Guide
Wood pellets are made to meet different needs. In order to buy the right wood pellet, you should choose basing on your specific needs. Pure wood pellets will tend to offer great services. You will know whether a given wood pellet brand you have bought is pure by just carrying out a simple test. If they claim it is made out of 100% apple, for example. Just smell and compare with the smell of dry apple wood. Pure pellet should match the smell of their original wood. Some oft eh factors to consider include the following:
The wood pellets should not have traces of barks or cardboard. They should be made out of natural wood which has no impurities. They should as well stay free from additives such as glue or chemicals as binders.
- Heat production
Most manufacturers will indicate the heat production of their pellets, the best wood pellets for you to go for should have high heat production and less ash.
3. Types of wood pellets
You can have hardwood or softwood pellets. In order to make the right decision, always go for pellets which will meet your specify needs. There are occasions where softwood will do well than hardwood. In some application such as BBQ, Harwood with certain flavors will be among top choices.
- Check on the reputation of the brand
There are top brands in the industry which are known to produce quality wood pellets. Others will even go an extra mile and plant trees each year as a way of trying to recover the lost trees due to their actions. Those are the right brands for you to be associating with as an environmental cautious person.
- Cost of buying wood pellets
The wood pellets will be priced at different rates. In order to make the right decision, always compare the price of the wood pellets in different stores before you buy.
The editor’s choice of wood pellets
Wood pellets are among recent technologies in fuel production. They are more efficient when comparing to charcoal and gas. Buy the right wood pellet and you will enjoy great convenience when heating your home or preparing BBQs. We highly recommend smokehouse wood pellets for great apple flavor on smoked meat or BBQ.